It’s about 5 months gone in the year 2018, the big question most of us might be asking ourselves are; “what have i really achieved this year?” It can be really devastating when you look back from the beginning of the year till now and see that you’ve achieved something less than nothing.
Below are few steps to really make the remaining part of the year count.
- Pursue something. Don’t walk in the entire 365 days without having something particular in mind to achieve. Start /complete a building project, buy a car, pay some school fees, start some job. Just do something!
- Walk with people wiser or stronger than you. In 2018, surround yourself with people who will inspire you, who will make you feel you can do better, who will challenge you on.
- Check your dressing or appearance. Don’t put on ‘anything’ just because it covers your nakedness. Your appearance tells a lot about you. Iron your dress neatly. Don’t wear ‘big big’ dresses in the name of religion. Wear more decent but fitting dresses. This is the slogan: Simple but Classy.
- Check how you talk. Before you open your mouth, be minded of who you are talking to, where you are talking, when you are talking and also know that your integrity is at stake. In every situation, choose silence over speech unless you don’t have any option.
- Visit your parents quite often. The old man and woman in the village may not need your money, they merely need your company. They need someone they can see and feel proud that they too could see their child through varsity, shs technical/vocational school/ apprenticeship etc.
- In 2018, be more prayerful. You can’t live your life thinking things occur merely logically. There’s a Supreme Being who makes things happen, pray to him for guidance and assistance
- In 2018, start thinking or planning towards dating or marriage. You are not growing any younger. Start buying a few stuffs you’ll need in marriage. Learn how to talk to men/women with respect and diginity. Carry yourself well wherever you are.
- In 2018, always think Positive while being Realistic. When you see tigers praying to God, don’t join them. You may assume that they won’t ‘chop’ you since they are praying but be realistic too that after the prayers, they’ll remain tigers and God will feed them with flesh.
- Buy something, package it well and take it to your Pastor/friend /etc . When last did you give your Pastor/friend/etc something? In 2018, try and do something ‘small’ for him/her You have no idea what he /she goes through in his/her personal life. Let him/her feel that at least one person in the church /community, etc cares about him.
- In 2018, Invest more, save less, spend less. Put your money into investment ventures. Buy T-bills, buy shares, buy fixed deposits, import some goods and sell, be a stock broker, etc. In fact, get more than one stream of income!
- Prof. Atta Mills is gone, Ghana is moving on. Komla Dumor is gone, BBC is still operating, KABA is gone, Multimedia is working. The point is, don’t work your life out. You won’t take your work with you when you die. You are not as important /indispensable as you think. Calm down. Take time off work, go and do medical check-up, visit your family, visit Aburi gardens, the beach, etc and appreciate nature, etc.
12. After reading, send this message to all your groups and contacts, it may be of help to someone.
Courtesy: Counselor Fenyi