Lagos, Nigeria’s largest city, sprawls inland from the Gulf of Guinea across Lagos Lagoon. Victoria Island, the financial center of the metropolis, is known for its beach resorts, boutiques and nightlife. To the north, Lagos Island is home to the National Museum Lagos, displaying cultural artifacts and craftworks. Nearby is Freedom Park, once a colonial-era prison and now a major venue for concerts and public events.
Quick Facts about Lagos State
- Lagos plans to be a megacity by 2020.
- Lagos is popularly known as a city with many sides.
- Accommodation is very expensive in Lagos.
- Highway hustle is very common in Lagos.
- It’s generally agreed that Gala and La Casera is every Lagosian’s favourite nibble in traffic.